On 12th March 2013 MAHM held an event at the House of Commons, Jubilee Room, hosted by Claire Perry MP. Our keynote speaker was Jonas Himmelstrand from Sweden, who spoke about the ‘Rise and Fall’ of the Swedish family model. Dan Boucher from CARE gave a summary of the Economics of Family Life.
The event was well supported and covered in the press the following day (see links to a number of articles in the press in the News and Media Section on the left hand side of the Home Page).
The following documents are available to download:
- Invitation MAHM event at House of Commons
- CARE report on transferable tax allowances
- Quotes about motherhood
- The mothers perspective
- Mothers call for a voice in policy
- What are the needs of children and how can they best be met?
- Recommendations for policy advisors
- The rise and fall of the Swedish family model
- What a mum in Sweden would say to policy makers in the UK
- Jonas Himmelstrand on Swedish system. Huff Post article
If you’d like more information please get in touch via [email protected]